After reading this book, I simply felt touched. I love how Derek simplified the whole entrepreneurship business into one phrase: creating happiness for you and your customers. It is that simple. This is a book written for the purest ideal in everyone’s heart. It also has the power of transforming that idea into practical actions that make a difference to the world. In Confucianism, he seems to have achieved the state of Junzi(君子), someone who projects his positive energy to benefit the society and cares more about the virtue, Ren (仁), than personal gains.
❓ The material in questions:
- Why engage in entrepreneurship
- How to be a happy entrepreneur
- Focus on customers, not profits
- Focus on activities, not formalities
- Focus on yourself (e.g. skills, interests), not efficiency or anyone’s expectations
- Focus on problems solved, not support won (e.g. funding, clients)
- How to bring your ideas to reality
- Make small wins in building rapport with customers
- Explore different options until there is a hit
- Trust, delegate and verify
- Foresee long-term consequences of short-term conveniences
I loved this book and will read it over again. Every single sentence is my favourite quote.